[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Div. 52 Webinar: Bill & Karen Froming: Mental Health Services Delivery in Rwanda

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:25:36 EDT 2015

"Mental Health Services Delivery in Rwanda"
Karen Froming, PhD, ABPP
William Froming, PhD
Moderator: Tanya Ozbey, PhD, APA Division 52 Webinar Committee

Working in underserved areas abroad necessitates a different frame of reference than what we are typically trained for.  Even diversity classes touch the tip of the proverbial iceberg when training clinicians for Global Mental Health work.  We have found, in working in Rwanda, that the introduction of mental health services had tremendous hurdles to overcome and the Genocide that occurred in that country in 1994 is, in no small way, a part of that difficulty.  We’ll briefly discuss the history and how that remains a source of knowledge that is important to framing any work that can be done.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 | 3:30 - 4:30 pm* EDT
*There will be additional time for discussion after the webinar

Non-members of Div52

Members of Div52

Senior

$25

Senior

$20

Early Career Psychologist

$15

Early Career Psychologist

$10

Student

$8

Student

$5

Note: An Early Career Psychologist (ECP): Less than 10 years of practice since graduation

Register at: http://tinyurl.com/Web52-October-Registration

Veronica Allen, CMP | Education & Meetings Manager
Division Services Office
Governance Affairs
American Psychological Association<http://www.apa.org/>
750 First Street NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242
Tel: 202.336.6121 |  Fax: 202.218.3599
email: vallen at apa.org<mailto:vallen at apa.org> | www.apa.org<http://www.apa.org/>
[facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/AmericanPsychologicalAssociation> [linkedin] <http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=58284>  [googleplus] <http://plus.google.com/+americanpsychologicalassociation>  [twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/apa>  [youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/theapavideo>

  [cid:image007.jpg at 01CFF75D.92DB52A0]    [TWP_Washington_Portrait_2014_AW]

PPlease consider the environment before printing this email.