[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Pace University PhD in Mental Health Counseling

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Sep 23 12:03:21 EDT 2015

Dear Students,

The PhD program in Mental Health Counseling at Pace University will be going into its fourth year next fall.  We are excited to see the passion our students have for their work, their continued efforts in pushing the discipline of counseling forward, and their potential to help shape the future of the field. We are looking for like-minded students to join them. Our mission is to train mental health counselors in becoming leaders in this emerging field.

Consequently, the training focus of our program is threefold: to prepare researchers who will further the knowledge base of this field; to train counselors in advanced clinical and supervisory skills; and to foster the next generation of leaders who will be teachers and advocates for mental health counseling in New York State and beyond.

If you have any students who might be interested in continuing their studies toward a PhD after they complete their 60-credit master’s degree in counseling, please consider referring them to our program.  The PhD at Pace University entails an additional 50 credits beyond the license-required master’s degree, including a dissertation pertinent to the field of mental health counseling.  Enclosed, please find a brochure that describes our program.

For more information, please refer to: http://www.pace.edu/dyson/academic-departments-and-programs/psychology---plv/phd-in-mental-health-counseling

My doctoral assistant, Melissa Badia, will be sending this email on my behalf. However, if you would like to speak with me directly about the program, please email me at pgriffin at pace.edu<mailto:pgriffin at pace.edu> or call 914-773-3647.

Sincerely,
Paul Griffin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Director, PhD in Mental Health Counseling Program
pgriffin at pace.edu<mailto:pgriffin at pace.edu>