[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] 2015-16 Counseling Program Student Handbook

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Fri Sep 11 14:38:08 EDT 2015

Dear Counseling Students,

As you all are beginning the new semester, we want to make sure you have all the pertinent information to support your matriculation in our programs.  Please find attached the 2015-16 Counseling Programs Student Handbook. The handbook has undergone significant reorganization/revision to make it easier to navigate and find the information you need.  Program policies (re: grading, progression, the process for managing student concerns and more), updated information regarding campus resources, as well as information about e-portfolios, graduation and applying for graduation with distinction along with other information are included.

While the program staff and faculty are glad to respond to your individual queries, we have revised and clarified the handbook to support your independence in the program.  Much of what you would email Zalika or the programs new co-coordinators, Drs. Ellen Short and Kiran Arora, about is covered in detail in the handbook. It would be my recommendation you review it first as means to inform the questions and concerns you’ll pose to our faculty and staff.

Again, I welcome you and wish for you a wonderful school year.

Good luck!

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs
Chair, Department of Counseling and School Psychology

President, Section One (Black Women)
Division 35 Society for the Psychology of Women (SPW)
American Psychological Association (APA)

Department of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University - Brooklyn
Office 9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Phone: 718-780-4369; Fax: 718-246-6351
Email: wendi.williams at liu.edu<mailto:wendi.williams at liu.edu>

[cid:9D5E6AAA-2383-41B5-8222-8BD3954D1CB8]