[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Clinical Programs: Students Health Insurance Coverage

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Sep 9 17:00:12 EDT 2015

Dear Students, Good afternoon.

As you may know, students that are registered for a clinical program are required to carry health insurance. LIU automatically enrolls our clinical students into the Student Health Insurance plan at the time of registration and students are charged a fee ($2,193 12 month plan, $1,360 for 7.5 month plan).  However, students that have their own health insurance coverage may opt out of the LIU Health Insurance plan provided they show evidence of coverage by September 30, 2015.

Attached is a summary LIU's Student Health Insurance Plan and instructions on how to waive coverage among other important information.

Kindly circulate the attached to your Chairs and Directors, and anyone else you believe should have it; it is important to share this information with all, including our clinical students.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Best wishes to all for a successful semester.

Regards,

Spencer S. Simon
Director, Academic Workload
Office of Academic Affairs