[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Dare to Say Her Name- Open Mic Event

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Oct 21 10:47:40 EDT 2015

Dear Students:

Activists IV Social Justice (ASJ) at LIU Brooklyn will be hosting an on campus Open Mic, Dare to #SayHerName, on Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 7 p.m. in the Vena Lounge.

Join us as we continue the conversation of why Black Lives Matter through music, poetry, spoken word, visual art, and performing art. ASJ encourage LIU students to participate in shaping a national movement with their voice. ASJ would like to offer you an opportunity to co-sponsor, with a donated Visa Gift Card of $25 or more of your choice. On the day of the event, attendees can purchase a raffle ticket for $1, for a chance to win.

Please note all proceeds from the raffle are donated to victims of domestic violence, another social justice issue, addressed by ASJ.  The gift cards is our united contribution to giving back to the students who have expressed financial difficulties during this academic year.

Contact Kiyonda Hester, kiyondah at gmail.com<mailto:kiyondah at gmail.com>  for more information and participation.
We look forward to connecting and growing with you!