[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Job Opening

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Thu May 28 15:00:33 EDT 2015

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

There is a job opening for a Work Readiness Instructor at HOPE. The official job posting will be out by tomorrow or Monday, but the placement is seeking someone to start ASAP.

They are hoping to hire a permanent staff member, but are open to hiring a temporary instructor to teach the next class 12 week cycle from June 29th to September 18th, so someone seeking a summer gig is welcome to apply, too.

Here is a brief description from the director of what HOPE is seeking with more details to follow:

Background:
HOPE has a 30 year track record of successfully transforming lives by empowering New Yorkers living in poverty to achieve economic self-sufficiency through employment and advancement.  HOPE is an outcomes-focused organization.  Our student-centered approach, employer-driven training, wide range of support services, and commitment to lifelong support yield strong results, notably a job placement rate of 72% and retention rates of 91% at 90 days and 74% at one-year.  At HOPE we are focused on expanding our impact and positioning ourselves for growth while continuing to enhance the quality of our services and build upon our successful outcomes.

The Position:
HOPE is seeking a skilled facilitator with a passion for teaching adults.  This position reports to the Director of Work Readiness & Work Wellness Services. It requires a Bachelor's degree, MA in Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or Social Work preferred.  A minimum of three years' experience in adult education, group facilitation, as well as skills in meeting the needs of disadvantaged populations.  Strong organizational, teamwork, and communication skills are essential.  HOPE looks for people who are enthusiastic about being part of a high-impact, growing organization. The position also requires strong computer and writing skills.

If anyone is interested, please email or call Elyssa Gersen-Thurman.
Information below:

ELYSSA GERSEN-THURMAN, CRC, LMHC
Director of work readiness & WORK WELLNESS services
One Smith Street, 4th Floor |  Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.852.9307 ext. 22 |  www.thehopeprogram.org<http://www.thehopeprogram.org/>| egersen-thurman at thehopeprogram.org<mailto:egersen-thurman at thehopeprogram.org>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CF9F4F.C824EE50]      [cid:image002.png at 01CF6956.D319C8A0] <https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-HOPE-Program/92608503047>  [cid:image003.png at 01CF6956.D319C8A0] <https://twitter.com/TheHOPEProgram>  [cid:image004.png at 01CF6956.D319C8A0] <http://www.youtube.com/user/thehopeprogram>  [cid:image005.png at 01CF6956.D319C8A0] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/the-hope-program>

Good luck!!

Fax 718. 488.3472
Office Hours: M:10-4, W: 10-6, TH: 11-4

[cid:5A453C5F-B119-4CE4-929E-4FF1F28E90D3]