[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] NAMIWalk 2015

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu May 7 18:34:16 EDT 2015

Hello everyone!

The National Alliance on Mental Illness organization is hosting a fundraising walk this Saturday, May 9th, to promote the support, education and advocacy for New York families impacted by mental illness. GSAC will be participating as a team and I encourage anyone else who is interested in supporting this great cause to join us by registering for the NAMIWalk. I have included important details below. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at Lorraine.Gotham at my.liu.edu<mailto:Lorraine.Gotham at my.liu.edu>

I hope to see you there!

--
Lorraine Gotham
Vice President, GSAC

The NAMIWalk will begin at 12 Fulton Street and check-in is between 9:00-10:00 AM. The GSAC team will be meeting in front of the Heartland Brewery. Please aim to get there no later than 9:30 AM.

If you wish to walk with GSAC you can register to do so by visiting the link to our team page provided below.

There will be a music festival and Wellness Fair happening during the walk as well!

Registered Online?
Go to our team page: http://namiwalks.nami.org/LIUGSAC and print the page – just circle your name and bring with you to turn in at Check-in
OR use the NAMIWalks mobile app to bring up your page and show it on your Android or iPhone at Check-in!

Not Registered Online or Don’t want to Print Your Page?
No worries!  Use the Registration Line and fill out the paperwork on Walk Day – you’ll just need to fill out your name, address and sign it.

Have Cash or Checks?
Just turn it in when you register/check-in! Checks can be written to NAMIWalks, NAMI, or NAMI-NYC Metro

What Time?
Walk Registration is from 9:00 to 10:00 am – Runners will check in from 8:00 to 9:00 am. There will be a team meeting area after the check-in point where we can all meet! Or just text me and I’ll let you know where I am.

Where to Go:
The Walk Begins and ends at the South StreetSeaport Promenade located at the
 intersection of South and Fulton Streets. Use 12 Fulton Street if you need to map it.

 #IWILLLISTEN Day Concert and Fair Info: NAMIWalks NYC is hosting the city’s first #IWILLLISTEN Day.  There will be stations throughout the walk route where you can stop and take a photo to share on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to show that everyone that you are part of the fight against stigma! After the walk, hang around and catch the free concert and check out the fair vendors who will be treating walkers to free massage, health screenings and other give-a-ways!

Transportation: Take the 2,3,4,6,J,Z to Fulton St., A,C to Broadway-Nassau, E towards Fulton St. or Path to World Trade Center

Parking: There are pay-parking lots within a three block radius of the Seaport

Bring: A light jacket, sun screen, hat and umbrella (if it looks like rain) – we are walking rain or shine!