[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society Event

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu May 7 10:52:08 EDT 2015

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs136/1102448203745/img/241.gif]

 The Eastern Group Psychotherapy Society Presents

"The Color Bind: Talking and Not Talking about Race in Groups

We hope you'll join us for a lively and interactive event where we will explore what gets in the way of addressing the topic of race in our groups. Drawing on their research in this area,

Dr. Foldy and Dr. Buckley will discuss factors that inhibit and facilitate meaningful discussions of race and will lead us in an exploration of the following questions: What is our role as group leaders, members of organizations, and professionals in addressing the Color Bind? What are the barriers to becoming more cognizant of the impact of race? How do we participate in discussions of race in ways that are progressive and healing? We are delighted that Dr. Paul Browde, founder of Narativ Inc, will be joining us as the moderator of this exciting event.

Featured Speakers

Erica Foldy, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor of Public and Nonprofit Management at the Wagner Graduate School of Public Service at New York University. She is also an Affiliated Faculty Affiliated Faculty member with the Center for Gender in Organizations at the Simmons School of Management in Boston.

Tamara Buckley, Ph.D. is an Associate Professor at Hunter College in the Counseling Program and at The Graduate Center in Critical Social- Personality Psychology. She has a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology and a M.S. in Organizational Psychology both from Columbia University, Teachers College. She is also a licensed psychologist in private practice.

Paul Browde, MD is a psychiatrist in private practice and co-founder of Narativ Inc. a storytelling company. He also teaches in the Narrative Medicine program at Columbia University. Paul is co-creator and performer of Two Men Talking, a live, unscripted personal storytelling performance that began as personal storytelling research into identity, friendship, forgiveness and mortality. You can see his TEDx talk entitled "The Power of Two" at http://youtu.be/JvOriYNJ15E.

When

Friday
May 15th, 2015
6:00pm-10:30pm
Light supper, 7:00-7:50 PM; Presentation, 8:00 - 10:00 PM, Dessert and Networking, 10:00 - 10:30 PM

Where

Beth Israel Hospital,
Bernstein Pavilion, Podell Auditorium
10 Nathan Perlman Place, NYC

For further information: Hilary Levine at hillevine at aol.com<mailto:hillevine at aol.com> or 212 799-4452; or Amanda Michael at amichael at pace.edu<mailto:amichael at pace.edu> or 203 536-1770, Spring Event Co-Chairs, or the EGPS office at info at egps.org<mailto:info at egps.org> or 631 385-0763.

 FEES:

Until May 8th

Members: $70

Nonmembers: $85