[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Job postings

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Mar 26 12:11:28 EDT 2015

Dear Students,

The Riverdale Avenue Community School is a DOE Public School located in Brownsville, Brooklyn. The school opened in September 2012 and currently serves pre-kindergarten through 4th grade. The school will be expanding to 5th grade in September 2015. The school employs a looping model, and teachers follow their students for multiple years. Our mission is to provide students with a great education that includes both strong academic skills and extracurricular activities that allow students to develop personal tastes and interests. Our teachers’ strong instructional knowledge enables them to be flexible in their practice, so they are able to address the individual academic needs of all their students. In order to create supportive relationships between individuals, all students will loop with their teacher for multiple years. This allows students and families the opportunity to get to know their teachers and allows teachers the opportunity to know their students’ strengths and maximize instruction time.

We are currently looking for applicants certified in early childhood, special education, general education, ESL, Spanish, Counseling, Music and Science (middle grades).

Qualifications:
NYS Certified teacher.
•  Have a passion for teaching and a commitment to the success of all students
•  Are committed  to staying or “looping” with their students for multiple grades
•  Demonstrate student achievement and expertise in their content area
•  Are willing to assume multiple roles, learn new skills, and work in a collaborative
environment
•  Have experience using technology as way to increase productivity and student
participation in all aspects of the school community

ESL Teacher
Spanish Teacher
Classroom Teachers PK – 5th
Music Teacher