[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Updated: Call for Research Participants: Afro-Caribbeans, Socialization, and Well-Being study

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Mar 25 14:56:35 EDT 2015

Dear Students, the link in the survey has been updated below and now you can access the information needed. Thank you for your participation and spread the word!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greetings,

        My name is Gihane Jérémie-Brink, M.A, a doctoral candidate under the supervision of Dr. Anita Thomas in the Counseling Psychology department at Loyola University Chicago. I am seeking participants for my dissertation research study that examines the relationship between racial and ethnic socialization messages and well-being of first and second generation Afro-Caribbean young adults. You may participate in this study if you are 18-29 years old and identify as both Black and Caribbean or Caribbean American. My hope is that the results of this study may highlight the diversity that exists within the Black population and provide some insight to the psychological factors that impact identity development. This study is completely confidential and has been approved by the Loyola University Chicago Institutional Review Board (Protocol Number 1389).

I am requesting your help with my research. If willing, please consider forwarding this participation request to eligible colleagues, friends, students, student groups, etc.

Participation in this study should take 15-20 minutes to complete the study and upon completion of the survey participants will be compensated a $10 gift card. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at gbrink at luc.edu<https://webmail.illinois.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=bPHvxAz3EkOXBrHeW2wgj3iAhTH8L9IIgBGc3RlAoTV2VX0a6N4fdTkkZnxjeTj4REOuUnRiXM0.&URL=mailto%3agbrink%40luc.edu>. You may also contact Dr. Anita Thomas, Dissertation Chairperson, athoma9 at luc.edu<https://webmail.illinois.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=bPHvxAz3EkOXBrHeW2wgj3iAhTH8L9IIgBGc3RlAoTV2VX0a6N4fdTkkZnxjeTj4REOuUnRiXM0.&URL=mailto%3aathoma9%40luc.edu>.

To participate in the survey, please click on the following link: http://snapsurveys.luc.edu/snapwebhost/surveylogin.asp?k=142605050797

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

                                                             Gihane

Gihane Jérémie-Brink, MA
PhD Candidate, Counseling Psychology, Loyola University Chicago
APA MHSAS Predoctoral Minority Fellow