[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] MHC Summer Session II and Fall-Spring Placement

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:00:03 EST 2015

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

Those of you looking for a summer session II practicum placement with the intent of remaining for internship placement for two consecutive semesters starting fall 2015-spring 2016 please see the message below from the SAFE Foundation:

The SAFE Foundation is pleased to announce that we are able to offer 2 internships at our Brooklyn Substance Abuse and Gambling Outpatient center.
Both positions are for a clinical internship (MSW, MHC or CASAC) directly supervised by our Clinical Director Kevin Barry Heaney (former Director of Smithers).

Interns will receive training, supervision and experience in the twelve core functions of Screening,  Intake, Orientation,  Assessment,  Treatment Planning, Counseling  (Individual, Group, and Significant Others), Case Management,  Crisis Intervention, Patient Education, Referral, Report and Record Keeping, Consultation With Other Professionals in regard to Patient Treatment/Services. Duties include (but are nt limited to) fulfilling all or most of the above functions through carrying a caseload of 2-4 patients and co-facilitating groups. Additionally, as SAFE in the process of upgrading to 100% EMR for individuals in treatment, interns will, in conjunction with other interns and staff, assist in information transfer of old charts to this new format.

You must be available and present on Mondays and you must also be present on Wednesday mornings from 9:30AM-12:30PM

To apply,  please email Roy below and inform him that you were referred by Christina Scheinberg

The SAFE Foundation

866-569-SAFE (7233)

PO Box 230060 Brooklyn, NY 11223

Roy

Program Director

roy at thesafefoundation.org

Email contact cover letter and resume

Accepting Summer II practicum students with the intent of remaining for BOTH Internships

Again, The SAFE Foundation will accept Summer Session II practicum students if they remain for both internships (fall-spring)

Best,
Fax 718. 488.3472
Office Hours: M:10-4, W: 10-6, TH: 11-4

[cid:5A453C5F-B119-4CE4-929E-4FF1F28E90D3]