[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Invitation to Restorative Justice in Education and Counseling Discussion
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Feb 25 10:35:51 EST 2015
Join the Counseling Program as we discuss the application of a Restorative Justice framework in a school setting with Taeko Onishi ( the principal of the Lyons Community School)— http://www.lyonscommunityschool.org<http://www.lyonscommunityschool.org/>) and her colleagues and students.
RESTORATIVE JUSTICE is a theory of justice that emphasizes repairing the harm caused or revealed by criminal behavior. It is best accomplished through cooperative processes that include all stakeholders.
Practices and programs reflecting restorative purposes will respond to crime by:
1. identifying and taking steps to repair harm,
2. involving all stakeholders, and
3. transforming the traditional relationship between communities and their governments in responding to crime.
All our welcome, as we:
* Consider the role of Restorative Justice in Education and Counseling.
* Explore Restorative Justice Practices and related outcomes for students.
* Engage a Restorative Justice experiential exercise.
* Discuss the challenges to implementation.
* Discuss the benefits of training as a educational and counseling professional in this context.
*School Counseling students with an interest in training within this model at the Lyons Community School are especially encouraged to attend. *
When: March 3, 6:30-8:20 pm
Where: LCEF Lounge, 3rd Floor, 9 Hanover Place
Please RSVP your intention to bring yourself or your class with Kathleen Prince at kathleen.prince at liu.edu<mailto:kathleen.prince at liu.edu> by Monday, March 2.
Cecelia Traugh, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education, Long Island University
9 Hanover Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Phone: 718-488-1055; Fax: 718-488-3472
Email: cecelia.traugh at liu.edu<mailto:cecelia.traugh at liu.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12880 bytes
Url : https://lists-1.liu.edu/pipermail/bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc/attachments/20150225/22fd0e31/attachment.png
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC