[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] NERA Conference Registration and Hotel Reservation Systems Now Open!

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Fri Aug 28 17:14:31 EDT 2015

[cid:header_NERA]

Dear Current and Future NERA Members,

We are excited to announce that NERA’s 2015 Annual Conference registration and hotel reservation systems are open. We have a great conference planned this year with professional development workshops, working time for special interest groups, and mentoring. We are looking forward to our keynote and invited speakers, Ronald Ferguson, Nancy Streim, Joanna Gorin, and Preston Green. We are also looking forward to a featured interview with Ronald K. Hambleton, report writing with Skip Livingston, Stephen G. Sireci, and Dena Pastor, and learning about effective job-seeking skills with the GSIC’s invited panel.

Whether or not you plan on presenting, we hope you can join us for this year’s conference on October 21-23 in Trumbull, CT. The information below explains the conference registration and hotel reservation processes:

Becoming a NERA Member and Registering for the 2015 Conference

All attendees of the 2015 NERA Conference must also be NERA Members, so you must either renew your membership or join NERA before you can register for the conference. To pay your membership dues and register for the conference, please go to the NERA website http://www.nera-education.org/. If you need to renew your membership, you should have received your invoice via email.

Membership Dues (October 15, 2015 – October 14, 2016)

  *   Professional members - $40.00
  *   Full-time Student members - $15.00
  *   Retired members - $15.00

Once you have renewed your membership or become a new member, you can register for the event. Instructions for registration are as follows:

  *   Go to the following link: http://www.viethconsulting.com/members/evr/reg_event.php?orgcode=NERA&evid=12279557

  *   Once you begin the online registration process, we request that you pay special attention to the section titled “Event Information”.
     *   If you are not planning to stay at the hotel, please check the box “estimated meal count (if not staying at the hotel).” We need to get an estimate of how many meals you will have at the hotel, so when you check this box, you will see a list of all possible options. You will not need to pay at this time for your meals, we just need an estimate. If you are staying at the hotel for the conference, you can ignore this part.
     *   If you want to sign up for any pre-conference or in-conference workshops, you must indicate that during the registration process. Click “pre-conference and in-conference workshops” and the “more information” link. A list of all workshops will show up. Click “more information” to read a summary of any of these. Check the box by the workshop(s) you want to attend. This will be your way of signing up. There is limited capacity for the workshops and they are first come, first serve so sign up early to hold your place.
     *   Click the “paperless program” box if you wish to forgo the paper program and simply use the online program.
     *   Click the “new member” box if you are a new member. If someone referred you, please indicate who in the open box that will pop up.
  *   Please use PayPal to pay your membership.

Please note that to receive the regular registration rate, you must register for the conference by October 1st! After this date, a late fee will be added to the regular rates. As a reminder, the following are the registration fees for this year: 2015 Conference Registration Fees – On or
Before October 1st (after October 1st):

  *   Professional member - $85.00 ($100.00)
  *   Full-time Student - $30.00 ($40.00)
  *   Retired member - $20.00 ($20.00)

Reserving Your Room and Meals at the Trumbull Marriott
 NERA has negotiated affordable room rates for conference attendees. To receive these special conference rates, please call (203) 380-6323 between 8:30am – 5:00pm (EDT) Monday – Friday. If you are calling off-hours, please leave your name and phone number and a hotel contact person will call you back. Note that all hotel reservations must be made by calling the number above. You cannot get the room rates through the internet. All reservations must be made by Wednesday, September 30, 2015. Please mention that you are attending the NERA Conference when you call the hotel.

Rates
As with previous years, each night’s stay at the hotel on Wednesday, October 21st or Thursday, October 22nd during the conference includes three full meals. Specifically, each NERA hotel guest receives dinner on the night of their stay and breakfast and lunch on the following day. That means if you reserve a hotel room for Wednesday and Thursday nights, all of your meals will be covered from Wednesday dinner to Friday lunch.

  *   All guest room rates are quoted exclusive of applicable state and local taxes, currently 15%.
  *   NERA attendees can stay at the hotel the night before the conference for a reduced rate as well, though this night will not include meals.

Pre-conference stay (Tues. Oct 20th)
        Single  Double  Triple  Quad
Tue. Oct. 20, 2015      $137.00 $137.00 $137.00 $137.00

Conference stays (Wed. Oct. 21st and Thurs. Oct. 22nd);
Occupancy rate is based on number of guests per room and per person (PP) price includes the meals as indicated under the rates.
        Single  Double  Triple  Quad
Wed.
Oct. 21, 2015   $249.00 $361.00
($180.50 PP)    $473.00 ($157.67 PP)    $585.00 ($146.25 PP)
Thurs.
Oct. 22, 2015   $249.00 $361.00
($180.50 PP)    $473.00 ($157.67 PP)    $585.00 ($146.25 PP)

For doubles, triples and quads:
Only one person should call and make room reservations and provide all of the roommates’ names and their phone numbers under the same reservation. The hotel will call the other roommates to obtain their individual credit card information, so that the hotel will be able to charge the correct amount and furnish individual bills. Upon arrival, each guest must register at the Front Desk to access his/her room and a credit card will need to be swiped or a credit card authorization form must be completed and on file prior to arrival if the individual is not traveling with the credit card.

Graduate student “Quad room”
NERA continues to be an affordable choice for students. The Marriott is offering a special Graduate Student quad rate of $585.00 per night, which includes meals and accommodations for four students per night, and comes to $146.25 per student per night. This special rate is available for students ONLY. Graduate students are responsible for finding their roommates. One student will have to use a credit card to reserve the room for the quad. Each student must also register for the conference individually. (Conference registration requires a separate online form available through the NERA website, as described previously.)

If you have any further questions, please contact us at NERAConferenceChairs at gmail.com<mailto:NERAConferenceChairs at gmail.com>

Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing everyone at NERA in October.

Thank you,
Your NERA Conference Team,
Amanda Clauser, National Board of Medical Examiners
Kimberly Colvin, University at Albany, SUNY
Katrina Roohr, Educational Testing Service
NERA 2015 Conference Co-chairs