[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Talking about the events in Baltimore and related events

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Apr 30 13:35:05 EDT 2015

Dear School of Education Community,

The events occurring in Baltimore are all too familiar and have the potential to leave us all with varied feelings.  And, as these assaults on communities and people occur,  we are often caught in the flow of our lives and obligations, sometimes unable to process what happened, how we feel, nor get a sense of how we’d like to respond.

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 4 pm (in the LCEF Lounge at 9 Hanover Place, 3rd Floor), please join students and faculty/staff in the School of Education to process our thoughts and feelings about what is now occurring in Baltimore, and has been happening in many communities, including our own, for some time. We welcome you to a shared space for productive processing and to consider how we may forge our way ahead as a community.

Wsw

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs
Co-Chair, Department of Counseling and School Psychology

President, Section One (Black Women)
Division 35 Society for the Psychology of Women (SPW)
American Psychological Association (APA)

Department of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University - Brooklyn
Office 9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Phone: 718-780-4369; Fax: 718-246-6351
Email: wendi.williams at liu.edu<mailto:wendi.williams at liu.edu>

[cid:9D5E6AAA-2383-41B5-8222-8BD3954D1CB8]