[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] MHC Summer Placement

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Mon Apr 13 10:40:13 EDT 2015

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

I am sending out another reminder about this email below.  They are looking to interview ASAP for this summer!

Those of you who are interested in a summer placement please see below and READ CAREFULLY:

Rainbow Heights Club is a social club for individuals in the LGBT community who also have a mental health diagnoses.  Rainbow Heights Club not only provides each client with a hot meal but with a safe haven to grow.  Many of these individuals refer to Rainbow Heights as their second home.

Ms. Hoffman is looking for a summer internship student, or a summer II practicum student who intends on remaining for Internship I and II, or a summer I practicum student who intends on remaining for Internship I and II AND who will dedicate the entire summer, although these extra summer hours will not count toward their future internships.

During your experience at Rainbow Heights Club you will be working toward helping individuals connect to outside resources while providing them with supportive counseling.  You will have the opportunity to run life and social skills groups daily and individual brief interventions as needed.

Since Rainbow Heights Club is a social club, you will wear many different hats and participate in a variety of activities, depending on each individual's needs.

Further, Ms. Hoffman asks that any interested student should be available on Wednesdays from 12-2PM for staff meeting and supervision.  The organization itself is open M-F from 12:30-7:30PM

To apply, please see below:

Social Club

LGBT and Mental Health

Rainbow Heights Club

718-852-2584

25 Flatbush Ave #4, Brooklyn, NY 11217

Rebecca Hoffman, LMSW

rebeccahoffman at rainbowheights.org<mailto:rebeccahoffman at rainbowheights.org>

Email Resume and Cover Letter

Accepting practicum and internship students summer 2015. Must be available Wed 12-2PM. Organization open 1230-730PM

Fax 718. 488.3472
Office Hours: M:10-4, W: 10-6, TH: 11-4

[cid:5A453C5F-B119-4CE4-929E-4FF1F28E90D3]