[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] fall practicum or internship opportunity

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Tue Jun 24 10:58:36 EDT 2014

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

Those of you looking for a practicum or internship experience this fall please see below:

Adolescent/Young Adult

Brooklyn Job Corps Academy

718-623-4056

585 Dekalb Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11205

Dr. Adwoa Akhu, PhD

Mental Health Consultant

info at DrAkhu.com

347-423-6377

Email Cover Letter and Resume

Brief description of the services provided and the clients served by your organization
Our center serves 210 non-residential adults. We provide academic preparedness and vocational training programming. Our trainees are economically disadvantaged youth, ages 16 to 24, many of who have ongoing life stressors such as young children, family conflict, and childhood trauma.
Learning opportunities, responsibilities, and expectations for mental health counseling interns
Interns will have an opportunity to run psycho-educational/support groups as well as provide individual counseling. Each intern will be responsible for co-leading a group and seeing 2-6 individual weekly. Group and individual supervision will be provided.

Days/Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 7am -7pm

Best,

Fax 718. 488.3472
Office Hours: M:10-4, W: 10-6, TH: 11-4

[cid:5A453C5F-B119-4CE4-929E-4FF1F28E90D3]