[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Important Announcement

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Mon Jul 14 16:39:39 EDT 2014

Dear students,

This email contains very important information on significant, positive changes to take effect in the upcoming academic year as well as some details regarding the next few months!

I am happy to announce a shift in focus here at the School of Education.  As of September 1st, 2014, Zalika Taylor (zalika.taylor at liu.edu<mailto:zalika.taylor at liu.edu>, 718-488-1381) will be the Academic Advisor for the School of Education and will serve students in both the Teaching, Learning, and Leadership and Counseling and School Psychology Departments.  Zalika has been trained in our programs and is eager to begin the work with you all!

My new role will be Coordinator of Advisement and Retention.  My work will focus on strengthening many of the administrative processes that impact both departments in the School of Education as well as to provide services to all SOE students.  With this new role, you may begin to see additional workshops tailored to your needs as well as other support around academic and dispositional issues.  We are excited for this change and look forward to working with you in new ways going forward.

I will be on leave beginning July 21st, 2014 and will most likely return sometime in early October.  During my absence, Zalika, along with SOE faculty and staff will be here to assist you.

Don’t forget that your program handbooks contain most of the information you may need.

(COUNSELING) http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Academics/Schools/SOE/Dept/CSP/Graduate-Programs/CP/AC-MHC

(SCHOOL PSYCHOLOGY)
http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Academics/Schools/SOE/Dept/CSP/Graduate-Programs/SPP/MSEd-SchPsy