[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Reminder: Book Reading Tuesday!

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Thu Jan 9 15:25:10 EST 2014

Dear students,

This is a friendly reminder for the School of Education's 2nd book reading and discussion group, which will be held on Tuesday, January 14th!
We will be reading Teaching to Transgress by bell hooks and will meet to discuss the book and engage in the process of recording our own stories, personal narratives about how our identities shape our practice.  Please see the attached invitation for more details and RSVP to me at raven.maldonado at liu.edu to participate.

I'll see you soon!
The agenda for the evening will be the following:

Recording Session I: 4:30-5:15 pm
Brief Refreshment and Transition: 5:15-5:30 pm
Book Discussion: 5:30-7 pm.
Closing and Transition 7 -7:15 pm
Recording Session II: 7:15 – 8 pm
Information about bell hooks’, Teaching to Transgress can be found on various websites, and in bookstores and libraries. The following Goodread’s link is one option in which provides information about multiple sources for accessing the text (see http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27091.Teaching_to_Transgress).

Additionally, should you be curious about the author, a brief bio about her can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_hooks.

We look forward to your participation in this program.