[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Trauma Conference, Saturday, March 1

Wendi Williams Wendi.Williams at liu.edu
Mon Feb 24 12:30:47 EST 2014

Dear students,

I wanted to make you all aware that a number of students and I are planning to attend a local conference this weekend sponsored by the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy.
Trauma and the Sense of Self with Bessel van der Kolk will be held on Saturday, March 1, 2014  from 9:00am – 5:00pm.  For more information, see link at http://icpnyc.org/trauma/workshops/bessel-van-der-kolk/.

Bessel van der Kolk, an expert in trauma and stress, will present on the neuro-physiological effects of traumatic stress which result in damage to one's sense of self, organization of identity and perceptions.

This program would be a wonderful precursor to a new special topics course available in the counseling program which may be an elective option, CSP 746 - Trauma in Contemporary Context.