[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Summer placement opportunity

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Wed Feb 19 15:19:20 EST 2014

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

Those of you looking for a summer practicum or internship placement and are interested in working with the Mentally Ill Chemical Abusers (MICA) population please send me a copy of your cover letter and resume.

Please indicate if you are looking to be placed for practicum or internship and why you feel you would be a good fit for this specific population.

This population includes individuals who have serious mental illness and a history of homelessness, addiction and hopelessness.

I have included a description and location of the site below.

Please be mindful this population can be challenging to work with, but will provide you with a multitude of skill and experience.

If you have any further questions about this site please do not hesitate to contact me.

See description below

Best,

Specfic Site: Patchen MICA Residence
Location: 55 Patchen Avenue Brooklyn, NY

SUS offers people their own place to live so that they may focus their energies on recovery rather than survival. It is from the safety of their homes, with access to a host of services and supports, provided in an atmosphere of respect and hope, that veterans, individuals leaving the Criminal Justice System and others with serious mental illness and a history of homelessness, addiction and hopelessness begin their journey towards physical and behavioral wellness and self determination...their journey of recovery

For more information you may visit: http://sus.org/