[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Graduation Award in Mental Health Counseling Excellence

Wendi Williams Wendi.Williams at liu.edu
Tue Feb 4 17:43:08 EST 2014

Dear MHC Students,

In preparation for graduation, we are preparing for the ways we will honor you, your studies and your time here at LIU – Brooklyn.  One element of this a Graduation Award in Counseling Excellence. Each program designates one student to serve as a representative of the expectation of excellence we hold for all students.

There are several criteria for this award, including grade point average, exceptional personal/professional dispositions and the  degree to which the student’s peers hold him or her in high esteem.

I am writing today to solicit your nominations of a classmate in your program that is graduating and that you feel would be an ideal representative for this award.  Please provide the name of the person and the reason(s) why you think they are representative of excellence in your particular program.

Nominations should be submitted to me via email (wendi.williams at liu.edu<mailto:wendi.williams at liu.edu>) by Monday, March 3, 2014.  The awardee will be announced at the School of Education  Dean’s Reception and the narrative provided by you may be included during the reception and acknowledgment of the student. The time and date of the reception will be announced.

I thank you in advance for support of our program and celebration of your colleagues.

Sincerely,

wsw

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.

Associate Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs

Department of Counseling and School Psychology

School of Education

Long Island University - Brooklyn

One University Plaza

227 Pratt Building