[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Upcoming School of Education Book Group Reading

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Dec 29 16:36:29 EST 2014

Dear Students,

The School of Education Next Book Group will meet from 4:00pm to 7:00pm on January 13th, 2015.
For this session we are reading, The New Jim Crow:  Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness by Michelle Alexander.  Please join us!!!
The importance of the School of Education mission that emphasizes pluralism and social commitment is underlined by recent events.  How do we make our mission real and able to stand up to the test that emerges through these events?  This book has much to say about issues of race in the U.S. and provides important ideas about the status of civil rights and what is needed for racial justice in this country.
Students, alumni, faculty are all welcome.  See the attached flyer for more information.

Cecelia Traugh, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education, Long Island University
9 Hanover Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
Phone: 718-488-1055; Fax: 718-488-3472
Email: cecelia.traugh at liu.edu<mailto:cecelia.traugh at liu.edu>
[cid:82FE565C-1502-442F-A044-956A15D3B35D]