[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] CALLING ALL STUDENTS!!! NYABPsi Jegnaship Event Saturday, April 5, 2014 from 2:00pm-5:00pm

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Wed Apr 2 11:13:50 EDT 2014

New York Association of Black Psychologists

NYABPsi Jegnaship
Membership Meeting  [http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs136/1102448203745/img/206.jpg]

NYABPsi is hosting a Jegnaship membership event at the Brooklyn Museum! During Jegnaship, we strive to bring forth the inter-generational cultural transmission of knowledge, wisdom, and psychology-related skills. If you are a student or professional in the field of psychology or a related area, we invite you to come out and participate. We welcome all who are interested in learning more about and/or joining NYABPsi.

"Jegna, an Amharic word, refers to one who is tested in battle, fearless, produces an exceptionally high quality of work, protects the people, land and culture with their very lives, and always speaks the truth (Asa Hilliard, ABPsi Elder/Ancestor and Past President)."

[http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs136/1102448203745/img/208.jpg]

JOIN US!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

2:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Brooklyn Museum

200 Eastern Pkwy

New York, NY 11238

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001Sgz_rDK13YWXG19VrOBH2d0b8PUnvxOpZ_b_IOqE1rJKn7vx3EecLEPvAFye8p17AHqkKOsxQrE5oeIPIEfb2czYC_-CHccvR-ETS6Iq0NHvDUOabYdAwVjN2X2HaBznMnu-kucHwWdydS-LNQTXLy3aJuBlog3KT3zITsflaynzKKLUaj7vMQ==&c=Set1Afg9IBXYTOhUPAyNkvfE_SErQr67cOKU6SSWF2dcPOM8YLGXDg==&ch=tmnIiqU1Nrny4NPaBTo75h-Np8Jpi36Xr0Iy1RYfbvMaSn4KHgq2LA==>

Suggested admission price: $12 (Adults)/ $8 (Students with valid ID).

Meeting place: We will be meeting in the main lobby of the museum near the coat check. We plan to be wearing the color red. If unsure of where to find us after the event begins, please contact Juanita Sharpe at 347-706-9419.

We plan to get to know each other as we explore interesting exhibits such as Witness: Art and Civil Rights in the Sixties,African Innovations, andConnecting Cultures: A World in Brooklyn. After we meet, feel free to stay at the museum and take advantage of Target First Saturdays which showcase eclectic art and entertainment programs every first Saturday of the month from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.

*Please visit http://www.abpsi.org/jegnaship.html<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001Sgz_rDK13YWXG19VrOBH2d0b8PUnvxOpZ_b_IOqE1rJKn7vx3EecLHOgl6-3U1TnJC5ApMqyIBVMtrDiqpgW_1G6ggj28Lbfyc3q1-5mU6JgnHF2VjPH8b9MO3NXfkDmclBRf0zQBtHo4G6vYvfc_3Y05fgp1OIc7wp_E64Ts91z_uPEHqDTvCz-eVvV1847&c=Set1Afg9IBXYTOhUPAyNkvfE_SErQr67cOKU6SSWF2dcPOM8YLGXDg==&ch=tmnIiqU1Nrny4NPaBTo75h-Np8Jpi36Xr0Iy1RYfbvMaSn4KHgq2LA==> to learn more information about Jegnaship*

9 Hanover Place, 4th Fl.