[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Update - Invitation from Dean Cecelia Traugh

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu
Thu Sep 26 16:03:20 EDT 2013

Dear students,

If you responded to Raven Maldonado regarding your participation in these focus groups, we are asking you to please respond once again directly to Dr. Wendi Williams – wendi.williams at liu.edu<mailto:wendi.williams at liu.edu> / (718) 780-4369. Thank you.

Dean Cecelia Traugh would like to invite you to participate in a very important focus group aimed at providing vital information regarding the climate of the School of Education.  Please see the attached flyer for more information as well as the blurb below:

"In order to facilitate this growth in development in our programs, we are currently looking at the ways the topic of whiteness inform how we think about race, ethnicity, ability, language, social class and sexual orientation and the ways it shapes relational and systemic dynamics of power, privilege and oppression.   We invite students to share their perspectives of how the topic of Whiteness is reflected in the programs they are currently enrolled and the overall climate of the School of Education.  We are hosting focus groups where we will ask students to speak anonymously about their perspectives.  The focus groups are scheduled for:

·      September 27th – 2:00 to 4:00

·      October 2nd – 4:30 to 6

·      October 3rd –4:30 to 6

Please respond by September 26th with your choice of date directly to Dr. Williams.  Thank you in advance for your participation.

Sincerely,

Marlene Munn-Joseph, Cecelia Traugh and WendiWilliams"

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott
Office Manager / School of Education
Pratt Building – Room 210
Email – Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu>
Phone – 718.488.1055
Fax – 718. 488.3472
[cid:02031B36-B670-42EB-A1EC-ED34AD499D96]

Please consider the environment before printing this email.[Description: cid:108461117 at 10082009-1DCB]