[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Graduate Assistantship Applications - spring 2014

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu
Tue Nov 19 15:22:24 EST 2013

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Dear Students,

Applications are now being accepted for spring 2014 graduate assistantships – the deadline is December 15th, no exceptions. All applications must be submitted to Dean Maria Vogelstein's office in M-306 (Main Building, room 306) and must be accompanied by a current resume and transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted and can be obtained through your MY.LIU account - https://my.liu.edu/psp/MYPRD/?cmd=login).You must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 AND must be registered for at least 6 credits in spring 2014 in order to be considered for assistantships.  Please do not bring completed applications to the School of Education offices. Applications may not be faxed or emailed, but delivered in person to Dean Vogelstein's office (M-306).

If you wish to apply for a position within the School of Education, you must indicate that preference on the application, where indicated. Students whose experience and availability match our needs will be contacted for an interview. Although not noted on the application, please be sure to include your specific availability (days, times) on the application. Our office is not open on weekends.

***Students who are currently working as graduate assistants in the School of Education are advised to contact their supervisor to discuss the possibility of continuing their work in the spring semester. Your supervisor must contact me directly to confirm an offer of spring 2014 credits.

Note: Unfortunately, due to limitations on credit allotments, we often receive more applications than available positions and are not able to hire all students. We encourage you to try again for the summer semester.

Revised guidelines/deadlines and application are attached:

Thank you!

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott
Office Manager / School of Education
Pratt Building – Room 210
Email – Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu>
Phone – 718.488.1055
Fax – 718. 488.3472
[cid:6CA9FCB9-E61B-4762-9BC8-CABD98CE7871]

Please consider the environment before printing this email.[Description: cid:108461117 at 10082009-1DCB]