[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Counseling Program - Comment Box

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Tue Nov 12 16:45:36 EST 2013

Dear Counseling Students,
I am writing to invite your anonymous comments and feedback about the counseling program. Placed outside my office is a comment box and blank index cards that can be used to provide the counseling program faculty and staff information to better respond to student needs and interests.

What type of comments should be put in the box? There is no limit to what you can provide comment or feedback about, however here are a list of some ideas to get you started.

·         Thoughts/questions about the e-portfolio (e.g., some like it and some are concerned, share your thoughts)

·         Topics to be considered for the counseling program panel series (e.g., this semester we discussed hip hop, and in times past international and multiculturally competent counseling. What should we discuss next?)

·         Concerns or encouragements about a class or professor (e.g., Is there a class you really like, dislike? Tell us about it.)

·         Ideas on extracurricular activities that are of interest (e.g., conference attendance, book group discussion, etc.)

·         Class scheduling (e.g., what would work best for you? Weekend classes, blended?)

Feedback from you will be used to inform program developments and will also guide our Town Hall meetings so that they are relevant to everyone.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

wsw

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs
Department of Counseling and School Psychology

School of Education
Long Island University - Brooklyn
Pratt Bldg.,  Room 227

O   718.780.4369