[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Internship and Job Fair

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Mon Nov 4 10:00:51 EST 2013

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

I would like to inform you of an internship and job fair.  If you have any further questions about this please contact Amy Rothenberg at 718-488-1603 or by email at amy.rothenberg at liu.edu<mailto:amy.rothenberg at liu.edu>.
Best,
Christina

The Fall 2013 Internship and Job Fair on Thursday, November 14st from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Metcalfe Gym.

*         Employers from the private, public, non-profit and government sectors will be recruiting for internships as well as full-time, part-time and temporary positions

*         Undergraduate and graduate students are invited and encouraged to attend

*         To be admitted to the fair you must wear business attire and have copies of your resume

*         Students should view the list of the employers who are registered to attend on MyCareerKey www.liu.edu/brooklyn/mycareerkey/student<http://www.liu.edu/brooklyn/mycareerkey/student>)

Some of the registered organizations include: NYU Langone Medical Center Visiting Nurse Service of NY, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Safe Horizons, Catholic Charities of Brooklyn  & Queens, Reading Partners, TherCare, Visions Education, NY Foundling, City Year, AHRC and YAI.

Career fairs offer students an opportunity to learn about different industries and companies and to network with many employers on one day and in one location. Students are encouraged to take advantage of this event to seek opportunities and network in this difficult and extremely competitive job market.   Please also encourage students to visit our office prior to the fair for a resume critique and to attend a career fair preparation session.

First Year Student Resume Writing WORKSHOPS   - we are holding interactive workshops, following the completion of OS1, to help first year students develop and build a resume that they may use for applying to internships/scholarships--and for the November 14th  Fall Internship and Job Fair.   All first year students are encouraged to attend in order to meet Dr. Clines' goal of ensuring all first year students develop a professional resume. If they are not able-or need further assistance-they should see a career counselor in Pratt 510.

It is also helpful if students register for the fair on MyCareerKey, however it is not mandatory. If you have any questions or need additional materials, I can be reached at 718-488-1603 or by email at amy.rothenberg at liu.edu<mailto:amy.rothenberg at liu.edu>.

We appreciate your help in informing your students about these events and sharing this information with your faculty and colleagues.  Feel free to post the enclosed fliers in your department.  Our office would be happy to conduct 5-minute classroom presentations to your students as well.

Thank you so much.

Best,

Amy

Amy Rothenberg