[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Hospital Placement for Interns Only!

Christina Lipera Christina.Lipera at liu.edu
Mon Mar 18 13:34:12 EDT 2013

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

I know that many of you have been asking about possible internships in a hospital setting.  I just spoke with Mr. Desena at Zucker Hillside Hospital.  He informed me that he would be interested in accepting mental health counseling internship students only.

Mr. Desena is looking for someone who has some experience in the field already and has strong writing skills.  He is requesting that students email him their resumes.  He also would like each student to include in the email that they are from LIU, Brooklyn, referred by Christina Scheinberg and can commit to at least three days weekly (evenings are not an option).

Please make sure you include all of the requested information in your email to Mr. Desena.  This opportunity seems like a great experience for interns. As Mr. Desena described, each student who is accepted is assigned to a LMHC who then becomes a close mentor for the student and is extremely consistent with supervision.  Keep in mind, the hospital is located in Glen Oaks (Queens), depending on where you are coming from, the trip may take a while without a car.  However, it may be worth it, as it seems like a rich opportunity.

Finally, Mr. Desena is requesting that if students are interested to apply ASAP, as he has already begun the interview process.  Contact information is below.  Good luck!

Mr. Desena: cdesena at nshs.edu
Zucker Hillside Hospital
75-59 263rd Street
Glen Oaks, NY 11004