[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Fall practicum or internship placement

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Wed Jun 26 10:38:52 EDT 2013

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

I sent this email out a while ago and I have not received any emails from students who were interested.  However, I have received emails from students who are currently looking for a Fall placement.  So I figured that I would send this information out again in case someone missed this email.

The Fortune Society will provide you with a rich practicum or internship opportunity, but you must reply ASAP, as positions here are filling up!  I believe the organization does accommodate evening hours to some extent because they have groups in the evening, but you  must specify this need in your cover letter.

Further, OASAS organizations, such as this one, will be requiring a background checks on all interns and employees that they hire after July 8th.  This can be an arduous process, if you apply and are accepted before July 8th you will not have to complete this process.  If you are accepted after July 8th, you can still be accepted by OASAS run organizations, however, the process may take a bit longer than initially expected.

Let me know if you have any questions and please follow the directions below if you are interested in applying to The Fortune Society.

For those of you looking for a practicum or internship placement in the Fall and would be interested in interning at The Fortune Society in Long Island City, please see below:

Research the organization and location to ensure your interest.
Email ME your cover letter and resume.
In the subject of the email to me, write "The Fortune Society"
In the body of the email, tell me why you feel you want to intern there and why you would be a good candidate.

I will then pass along your information.

Best,