[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Spanish Speaking Internship Opportunity

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Thu Jul 11 12:34:33 EDT 2013

Dear Mental Health Counseling Student,

Below is an email I received about an internship opportunity.  I have also attached a description of the program as stated in the email below.  Please follow through if you are interested in applying.

Best,

Christina

Currently, there is a new internship development with our First Step/Primeros Pasos program. We have 2 new internship openings for  MHC or MSW students. This is a preventive program that works with families and children 1-year old to 28-months in enhancing child development and offering parental support.

The interns for this program will be need to bilingual Spanish, have experience or be interested in early childhood development. The will have cases, run groups, some case referrals and learn to implement and assess PLS (Pre-school Language Scales)and BITSEA (Brief Infant Toddler Social Emotional Assessment) assessment tools.

The internship will run from August 2013-until May 2014. Please find attached the description and if you have any students that would be interested in these positions please have them contact me directly.

Best,

Monica Duque MA, ATR-BC, LCAT

Manager of Student Placement and Internships

Coalition for Hispanic Family Services - "Building Strong Communities One Family at a Time"

315 Wyckoff Avenue, 4th Floor

Brooklyn, NY 11237

Phone:  (718) 497-6090 ext. 313

Fax:  (718) 497-9495