[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Demonstrate your support for the Mental Health Counseling Profession

Wendi Williams Wendi.Williams at liu.edu
Mon Jan 21 10:42:05 EST 2013

Dear Students,

As some of you may be aware, greater awareness of the training experiences of MHC students is needed throughout the NYC metro area and New York state more broadly. The primary issue is related to the failure of the NYS Office of Professions description of Mental Health Counselors to include the term diagnosis. This has significance for practicum and internship training and ultimately employment.  Please see the message below from an alumnus of our program and the link to a petition that will be used to advocate for you and your profession.

As some of you know from our discussions in CSP 706, this is a real issue that requires your political involvement to secure professional opportunity for you and your colleagues.

Please consider review.

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs

Department of Counseling and School Psychology

School of Education

Long Island University - Brooklyn

One University Plaza

227 Pratt Building