[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] SUMMER PRACTICUM PLACEMENTS!

Christina Lipera Christina.Lipera at liu.edu
Thu Feb 28 11:33:27 EST 2013

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students!

I just received a phone call from Mr. Michael Townsend, Director of OMH Services at Gateway Counseling Center.  He informed me that he is looking for practicum students for this Summer and would be willing to take up to four students.  The program consists of working with two different populations: Individuals with chronic mental illness and individuals with developmental delays.  I would suggest researching the organization and applying immediately to secure a spot.  It seems like a great experience.

Mr. Townsend's information is below along with the site address.  Email him your cover letter and resume and be sure to tell him if you are applying for Internship or Practicum and which semester you plan on starting.  He is hoping to have practicum students for this Summer who plan on staying for their internship come the Fall.  Hope this helps!  APPLY ASAP! Good luck!

Gateway Counseling Center
4500 Furman Avenue
Bronx, NY 10470
Contact: Michael Townsend