[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Mental Health Counselor Seminar: April 1, 2013

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Fri Feb 22 13:45:26 EST 2013

Dear students,

As you know, the CSP department hosts a counseling,  field-specific seminar each semester focusing on topics that we hope will serve as professional development for all of our counseling students.  With that said, we are pleased to announce this year's Mental Health Counselor seminar entitled, "Multicultural Counseling in an International and Crisis Context".

This will be a panel discussion held on Monday, April 1st from 5:30pm-7:30pm in HS 119.  Please see the attached flyer for additional details.  We will see you there!

________________________________

Multicultural Counseling in an International and Crisis Context

A Panel Discussion

APRIL 1ST, 2013

5:30-7:30pm

HEALTH SCIENCE 119

Join the Counseling program for a discussion focused on both the cultural

implications and intersections that exist in counseling post-conflict persons as well

as the work involved around advocacy and mental health promotion in immigrant

populations. Panelists are educators, mental health professionals, and social

activists working in Rwanda, and with local members of Haitian, Chinese, and

Indian communities. Come be engaged in a critical dialogue relative to stigma and

the cultural competence of practitioners.