[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] GSAC Meeting and Agenda
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Mon Apr 1 09:28:40 EDT 2013
*Message from Lauren D'Mello*
Good Morning Fellow Counseling Students,
I would like to invite you to our next G.S.A.C. meeting on Friday, April 5, 2013 at 5:30 in Pratt 421.
At this meeting the following will be discussed:
1) The roster for all the members of the association as well as the paperwork involved. I would like to submit the paper work to the student activities office by Monday April 8, 2013.
2) Graduating members will be eligible to receive a GSAC sash for graduation. There are two different sashes which I can share with you at the meeting. Your GPA will be dependent on the sash you will receive. During this meeting you can get an order form which you can return with a payment to place your order.
3) GSAC will also be participating a walk to raise money for NAMI (National Association of Mental Illness: organization which works to eradicate stigma and discrimination against people with mental illness). The walk will be held on May 11, 2013. I will register GSAC as well as try to make a banner for the event. The link to the event can be found below:
4) I would like to have a dinner for all the graduating members. We can decide where to have the dinner and what day would be best for for all of us.
5) Christina Lipera, the field coordinator at LIU, will be giving a presentation for GSAC on April 12, 2013 at 5:30 in Pratt 421. This extremely informative presentation will show students how to best market themselves when applying for a job. It will include resume information, credential information and what you can do to boost your appeal to get you ahead of the job competition.
I look forward to seeing you all!
Raven Maldonado-Brown, M.S., LMHC
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any attachments from your system.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.[Description: Description: cid:108461117 at 10082009-1DCB]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4166 bytes
Url : https://lists-1.liu.edu/pipermail/bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc/attachments/20130401/1f9d3200/attachment.png
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC