[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Instructor/tutor positions
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Thu Sep 20 14:02:51 EDT 2012
The Long Island University - Advantage After School Program is currently seeking Academic Leaders to help support Ronald Edmonds Learning Center - MS 113 (Grade 6-8) part-time.
With staff support, Academic Leaders will be responsible for homework help, tutoring, mentoring, test prep, and study-skill building for a grade-level class of up to 15 students
LIU - Advantage After School will begin Monday, September 24. MS 113 is located on 300 Adelphi Street/Dekalb Avenue and program hours for Academic Leaders are Monday-Thursday, 3:30 pm-6:00 pm.
*Pay Rate: $18-$15 Hourly, 10 Hours Per Week.
Please see the fill job description below:
Long Island University Advantage After School Program @ MS 113
Title: Academic Leader
Must be a certified teacher or qualified teaching assistant employed at the school during the day, or a college student majoring in Education, or have 2 years teaching experience. LIU Graduate Students are encouraged to apply.
Qualities of Academic Leaders in the After School Program include: motivational, fun, helpful, reliable, flexible, positive, interested in working with at- risk students, able to make a smooth transition from regular school day, encouraging but not demanding, easily adapts to new situations, and able to handle student conflicts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reports to your assigned grade-level group promptly. If there are prior commitments, meetings, etc., let the Director or Educational Specialist know ahead of time. If you are late, you should note the time on the sign-in sheet.
2. Tutors and gives assistance to assigned grade-level group of students by providing help with homework and lessons.
3. Teaches and implements lessons using curriculum materials. You also are welcome to teach your own engaging and creative lesson plans.
4. Writes lesson plans, including applicable standards, for each day you teach and for an activity rotation.
5. Records attendance, behavior and participation of all assigned students.
6. Is available to supervise students during the activity periods. Activities will
vary and your direct participation may be required.
7. Assists Site Manager with program evaluations, student progress and
other information as needed.
8. Performs other duties deemed necessary by the Director during the
hours of operation.
Essential Functions: In addition to the physical and mental capabilities implied by the responsibilities detailed above, the essential functions of an Academic Leader include: reading, writing, hearing and speaking effectively, analyzing data, occasional lifting/moving of items weighing up to 10 pounds.
The job of AASP Academic Leader involves adapting to a changing educational environment and therefore, while accurate, is not exhaustive.
Period of Employment: Fall 2012 Semester, possibly Spring 2013
Immediate Supervisor: Director
Location: MS 113, 300 Adelphi Street/Dekalb, Phone: (718) 834-6734 x 1190
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 3:30 pm-6:00 pm, Pay Rate: $18-$15 Hourly
Jason.wolfe at liu.edu<mailto:Jason.wolfe at liu.edu> - Director, LIU – Advantage After School Program
Raven Maldonado, M.S., LMHC
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any attachments from your system.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.[Description: Description: cid:108461117 at 10082009-1DCB]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4166 bytes
Url : https://lists-1.liu.edu/pipermail/bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc/attachments/20120920/0d2c4988/attachment.png
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC