[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Share Your Expertise with Your Colleagues
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Fri Nov 16 14:21:49 EST 2012
Call for Programs - AMHCA 2013 Conference
[Join AMHCA in Washington, DC!]
Program Submissions due
December 14, 2012
Share Your Knowledge!
AMHCA members, mental health counseling students and other mental health professionals are invited to present their research and expertise at the only conference devoted entirely to the mental health counseling profession. Take this opportunity to get involved and share your work with your colleagues. The National Board for Certified Counselors will approve programs for continuing education credits.
Types of Programs
Submit your proposal for a 3-hour workshop, 2-hour workshop, 1-hour workshop or poster session. Invited speakers will present keynotes and workshops. Attendees can choose from keynoter workshops, 1-, 2-, or 3-hour workshops and poster sessions. (Please note that there will be a limited number of 3 hour workshops accepted.)
Access the Online Program Submission System<http://www.xcdsystem.com/amhca2013/index.cfm>
Program Selection Process
AMHCA will acknowledge receipt of all proposal applications via email immediately upon submission. The AMHCA Conference Planning Committee, chaired by President-elect Judith Bertenthal-Smith, LPC, ALPS, will review all programs completely submitted in AMHCA’s Online Program Submission Management system. Programs will be selected based on topic, relevance to conference theme, (Resilience, Transformation & Advocacy) quality and intended audience. The Committee will send a letter, via email, of acceptance or rejection to the program chair, who is responsible for notifying others participating on the program of the outcome. All successful applicants will be notified by March 15, 2013.
If you are looking for ideas for your submission you might consider the following. (Please note this is not an inclusive list):
1. Brain function and neuroscience
2. Couples, family, children & adolescents
3. Special populations (e.g., elderly, LGBTQ, veterans)
4. Expressive and creative therapies
5. Multicultural counseling
6. Innovative treatments, skill building and practice
If you do not receive an email acknowledgment upon submission of your program, please call AMHCA’s conference manager, The Grassley Group, at (877) 743-5312. Each applicant is responsible for verification that his/her proposal has been received. AMHCA will only acknowledge programs received via the Online Program Submission Management system.
Deadline: Program applications must be submitted by
11:59 pm Eastern Time on Friday, December 14, 2012
STEP 1 : CREATE A PROFILE
(All co-presenters must also complete a profile)
How to Create Your Presenter Profile
1. Prepare a 50-word biographical sketch for yourself. You will be asked to cut and paste this into a field on the Presenter Profile online form.
2. Update your CV/Resume and have it saved on your hard drive. You will be asked to attach this file to your online profile using a file upload feature contained on the Presenter Profile online form<http://www.xcdsystem.com/amhca2013/index.cfm>. (This information will only be available to the conference committee and the National Board for Certified Counselors, where we are a Continuing Education provider.)
3. Go to the Presentation Profile online form at http://www.xcdsystem.com/amhca2013/index.cfm and click the appropriate button.
4. Complete the required profile fields (Contact Information: Membership Category, Title, First, Middle & Last Names, Mailing Address, Daytime Phone & Email address.) Next you should copy and paste your 50-word biography, then click the browse button to locate your CV/Resume on you hard drive to upload it to the site, which attaches it to your profile, then submit your profile. (If your program is accepted, your contact information will be made available to conference attendees to facilitate post-conference discussions.)
5. If there are any errors, they will appear at the top of the page. If your submission was successful, the page will indicate that.
6. Your username and password will be e-mailed to you automatically. Be sure to check your spam or junk email folders.
What Happens Next?
You should carefully review the program guidelines and instructions for preparing and submitting your program and begin preparing your materials for submission TODAY.
Download the complete Call for Programs<http://www.xcdsystem.com/amhca2013/files/2013_call.pdf>
Should you have any questions or require technical support, please contact AMHCA’s conference management company, The Grassley Group, at 877-743-5312. Support is available 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays and December 23, 2012 through January 2, 2013.
Thank you for your support of the AMHCA Conference. We look forward to receiving your program submission.
AMHCA Conference Planning Team
877-743-5312 (info at amhcaconference.org<mailto:info at amhcaconference.org>)
Raven Maldonado-Brown, M.S., LMHC
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any attachments from your system.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.[Description: Description: cid:108461117 at 10082009-1DCB]
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4166 bytes
Url : https://lists-1.liu.edu/pipermail/bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc/attachments/20121116/8f214cd7/attachment.png
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC