[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] The Role of the Student's Family in Schools: A Panel Discussion

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Wed Nov 7 12:29:52 EST 2012

Dear students,

I am writing to remind you about our special event coming up on November
28th!  The CSP Department will be hosting a panel discussion on the role
of student's family in schools.  We encourage you to attend, as the panel
will feature several speakers with varied and extensive experience in/with
the NYC school system.  Please see the attached flyer, information below,
and RSVP to me to attend.  I look forward to seeing you there!

******
Department of Counseling and School Psychology, School of Education
Long Island University<Brooklyn

The Role of the Student¹s Family in Schools: A focus on comprehensive
socio-emotional development toward academic achievement

A Panel Discussion

Join the counseling program for a multi-perspective conversation about
working with students and their families toward the academic and
socio-emotional development of the whole child with a focus on the school
counselor in the role of a school leader.
Invited panelists include: Carrie Nathaniel (school counselor), Jolene
Trimm (school psycholo-gist), Brian Favors (educator/activist) & Andrew
Matrir (school counselor) of the Bushwick Com-munity School, and of Mott
Hall Bridge Academy Nadia Lopez (principal).

WHERE:
Long Island University<Brooklyn
Health Sciences Building, Room 121
WHEN
Wednesday, November 28 2012
5-6:30 p.m.

Contact Raven Maldonado-Brown at raven.maldonado at liu.edu.

Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying or
other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If
immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
attachments from your system.