[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Job Posting at Esperanza

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Tue May 1 10:16:46 EDT 2012

Dear MHC students,

Please see the posting below and forward to any interested and qualified parties:

Youth & Family Field counselor
Esperanza

Post Date: Mar 21, 2012
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: asap
Salary: $43,500
Location: US - New York
Job Reference: 3212012

Description
Esperanza is an innovative juvenile justice program that operates an alternative-to-placement (incarceration) program. Esperanza’s goal is to reduce the number of youth who are placed in juvenile facilities. We provide direct therapeutic services to youth and their families in their own homes and communities. Building on our clients’ strengths, we help them work toward achieving their goals.
We are seeking dedicated therapists who will provide all aspects of client services. These services include, but are not limited to assessments, intensive family and individual counseling, crisis intervention, and case management. Counselors work with Esperanza staff members and various outside agencies to ensure that clients are receiving the services they need including education, community-based services, public assistance, etc. Services are provided in our client’s homes and communities so an open-mind, flexible schedule (including extensive travel) and emergency on-call coverage are required.

Esperanza counselors pride themselves on learning and employing new therapeutic techniques to help best serve our clients. Esperanza provides quality supervision by credentialed and experienced supervisors. We devote significant resources to training and ongoing professional staff development, and we promote a collegial environment with an experienced clinical staff.

We offer an excellent health, dental, vision, and 401k benefits package along with the opportunity to be reimbursed for some travel expenses.

Qualifications
•Master's degree in social work, mental health counseling, marriage & family therapy, or related field required. Candidate must be eligible for NYS certification (LMSW,LCSW,LMHC,LMFT,LCAT)
•Experience working with court-involved youth and/or in community-based organizations desirable
•Experience in family counseling desirable
•Ability to work with a culturally diversepopulation
•Strong written and oral communication skills
•Ability to work in a team environment
•Bilingual in Spanish a plus

Salary
$43,500, depending on education and experience, plus excellent benefits

To apply for this position send a cover letter and resume to:
Jenny Kronenfeld
Executive Director
Esperanza NY, Inc
636 Broadway, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10012
E-mail: fieldcounselor at esperanzany.org<mailto:fieldcounselor at esperanzany.org>
Fax: (212) 964-5566

No telephone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Esperanza values diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

Raven Maldonado, M.S.