[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] School of Education Department Changes-Please Read

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Wed Oct 12 13:03:55 EDT 2011

Dear School of Education Students,

We are writing to inform you of several changes that will take effect for
the spring 2012 semester.

Firstly, we are excited to announce that our department names have
changed.  As of January 2012, the Human Development and Leadership
Department will officially become the Department of Counseling & School
Psychology (CSP) and the Department of Teaching & Learning will officially
become the Department of Teaching, Learning, & Leadership (TLL).

These name changes represent a significant shift in the School of
Education program structure, as the Educational Leadership program will be
moving to become part of the Department of Teaching, Learning, and
Leadership (TLL) as of January 2012.

With these transformations come additional revisions to department course
schedules, particularly with regard to course prefixes.  All Department of
Counseling & School Psychology courses will now have "CSP" as their prefix
(i.e. CSP 615, CSP 660A).

Education Leadership courses will now have "TLL" as their prefix (i.e. TLL
930, TLL 941) and all other Teaching, Learning, & Leadership courses will
retain their "TAL"prefixes.

*Please note that these changes will not affect the courses you've already
completed and all courses taken prior to January 2012 will retain their
"HDL" prefixes on your transcripts.  These changes do not affect applications for certification.

Finally, all Educational Leadership students will begin receiving
advisement from TLL Academic Advisor, Gabriela Arechiga, at the
commencement of the spring 2012 semester.

We appreciate your patience during this time of transition.

Raven Maldonado

Raven Maldonado, M.S.