[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Social Media Training Seminar
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Wed Oct 12 10:48:33 EDT 2011
Please see below for information on an interesting training and networking opportunity!
Social Media Training Seminar for Counselors and Counseling Students
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Seating Significantly Expanded!
Join us for our Social Media Training Seminar for Counselors and Counseling Students on Tuesday, November 8, 2011.
Earn 2 Pre-approved Continuing Education Hours. Refreshments will be served.
12:30-1:00: Check In, Networking Reception & Refreshments, Faculty Lounge & Conference Room.
Location: Baruch College William and Anita Newman Conference Center, 151 East 25th Street, NY, NY 10010. (Between Lexington and 3rd Avenues), 7th Floor, Room H750.
1:00-1:45: Social Networking and Job Placement: A Counselor's Guide. (Patricia Enriquez, CRC, NYCEDA).
1:45-2:30: How Employers Use Social Media to Fill Jobs. (Shara Alter, Branch Manager Wall Street, Manpower and Meredith Croft, Staffing Specialist NYC, Manpower, Inc.).
2:30-3:00: Question & Answer Session (Sandy Starr, MS, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Patricia Enriquez, Shara Alter and Meredith Croft).
For counselors working with students with disabilities.
For counselors working with job seeking clients.
For counselors who would like to create their own social media accounts in LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter - safely and securely.
For counselors undergoing their own job search.
1) Teach counselors how to use social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) in their daily work with clients aimed at career and job placement activities.
2) Teach counselors how to use social media in order to network with other providers, agencies and employers.
3) Demonstrate safe and secure social media practices for counselors and clients.
4) Recruiters will explain how social media is used to fill job orders and screen job candidates.
5) Employment trends and statistics regarding the impact of social media in hiring practices.
R.S.V.P. by email to: penriquez at nyceda.org<mailto:penriquez at nyceda.org> or call 212-802-1443.
Workshop fee: $40.00 made payable to NYCEDA.
Mail check to: NYCEDA, 192 Lexington Avenue, Suite 243, NY, NY 10016.
To pay by credit card go to: http://nyceda.org/NYCEDA_STORE.html
or call 212-802-1443.
NYC Expert Disability Associates, LLC
Raven Maldonado, M.S.
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC