[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] CAMBA Job Posting

Raven Maldonado Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Tue Oct 11 12:47:08 EDT 2011

Dear HDL Students,

Please see below for details on a job opening at CAMBA:

Counselor I - The Supportive Counseling and Family Stabilization (SCFS)
CAMBA
View Company Profile<http://www.socialservice.com/minisite.cfm?cid=7716>

<< Go back<http://www.socialservice.com/jobdetails.cfm/48773/search_result.cfm?grp=1&jobcountryid=%27NY%27&keywords=counseling&jobtypeid=0&zipcode=&radius=5&dayold=0&categoryid=0&jobspage=25&opt=or&cid=0>

Post Date:      Oct 11, 2011
Job Type:       Full Time
Start Date:     - n/a -
Salary: - n/a -
Location:       US - New York - Brooklyn
Job Reference:  - n/a -

[http://www.socialservice.com/images/jobapply_sm.GIF] APPLY NOW <http://www.socialservice.com/applyjob.cfm?jid=48773>

            [http://www.socialservice.com/images/send_16.GIF]  Email Job to a Friend<http://www.socialservice.com/emailjob.cfm?jid=48773>
    [http://www.socialservice.com/images/addinbox_sm.GIF]  Save Job to Inbox<http://www.socialservice.com/add-inbox.cfm?jid=48773>
    [http://www.socialservice.com/images/print_16.GIF]  Printer Friendly<http://www.socialservice.com/jobdetails.cfm?jid=48773&print=1>

Description
The Supportive Counseling and Family Stabilization Program (SCFS) provides supportive, clinical, and case management services to individuals living with HIV/AIDS and their families. The primary goal is to provide support, stability, and reduce stressors, to ensure that our clients have access to and successfully maintain their connection to primary health care. The program’s core services include: 1.) weekly support groups to assist clients with developing ways of coping, building social and peer support, and relationship skills;   2.) individual supportive counseling on topics such as: disclosure issues, harm reduction skills building, and treatment adherence; and   3.) case management services to assist clients in reducing barriers to care, and coordinate care with other providers.

The person filling this position is expected, under general supervision, to: provide individual and/or group counseling services to assist individuals and their families to achieve effective personal development and adjustment; and (2) counsel clients in dealing with such issues as: behavior, educational progress, family dynamics, mental and physical health, housing, personal finances, substance abuse, mental and/or physical trauma, etc.

Skills
The minimum qualification for this position is a Bachelor's degree (B.A., B.S.W.) in social work, psychology, or a related field and three years of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience. Master’s preferred.

Notes
To Apply:
Please write “Counselor I - The Supportive Counseling and Family Stabilization (SCFS)” in subject of e-mail.
Please send resume and cover letter in MS word attachment to:
submitresumes at CAMBA.org

Contact Details

Email: submitresumes at CAMBA.org<mailto:submitresumes at CAMBA.org?subject=Counselor%20I%20-%20The%20Supportive%20Counseling%20and%20Family%20Stabilization%20%28SCFS%29%20on%20SocialService.Com>

Raven Maldonado, M.S.