[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Internship Opportunity
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Thu Oct 6 13:06:20 EDT 2011
Dear MHC Students,
Please see below for information on a potential practicum/internship opportunity:
SAMHSA WellnessWorks Intern
Posted on: October 3, 2011
Posted by: Services for the Underserved<http://www.idealist.org/view/org/jSfXhHDjxkh4/>
We are looking for an intern outreach worker to help conduct assessments within a mental health / substance abuse treatment program for homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
10-15 hours per week.
Intern will be supervised by licensed psychologist, and/or LMSW, and/or CASAC, depending on needs of student intern and their field placement requirements.
· Review documentation from consumer charts, interview housing staff members, and seek out other sources of information in order to determine the whereabouts of consumers enrolled in the treatment program.
· Conduct fieldwork for follow-up assessments: may entail canvassing neighborhoods, making home visits, visiting consumer hang-outs, making visits to the homes of collaterals, friends, and associates of consumers.
· Telephone work: making phone calls to consumers and their collaterals as well as government agencies, and providers of social, medical, mental health, and substance abuse services, in order to locate consumers.
· Administer assessments: will need to conduct 6-month follow-up and discharge psycho-social assessments
· Documentation: all follow up activities will need to be documented within the internal electronic medical records software.
- Prior street outreach and/or research and assessment or follow up experience preferred but not essential. Excellent computer skills required. Candidate must be street savvy and comfortable with navigating urban communities. This position is excellent training for a social work, psychology, public health, or human services student seeking field experience.
How to apply
Interested applicants please email resume along with cover letter to: mshlak at sus.org<mailto:mshlak at sus.org>
Raven Maldonado, M.S.
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC