[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Academic Advisement Ass't Director-higher ed exp needed.
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu
Wed Nov 30 12:21:17 EST 2011
Please see the posting below and forward to anyone who may be interested. Thank you.
Assistant Director - Center for Academic Advisement
College of Mount Saint Vincent
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Evaluate transfer transcript coursework, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate documents for MSV course equivalences to determine academic status.
· Communicate with students regarding transfer issues and program advisement
· Develop library of materials for course evaluation.
· Research and resolve transfer credit evaluation issues.
· Partner with Admissions Office to ensure a successful transition of transfer students by arranging placement tests, providing advisement/registration services and participating in transfer orientation activities
· Provide academic advisement to a diverse student population.
· Assist students with developing academic goals and specific course plans for registration
· Advise students about college policies and degree requirements
· Facilitate section of a Freshmen Year Experience course and act as academic advisor for students enrolled in section
· Oversee absence referral academic monitoring system
· Regular maintenance of accurate advisement files for students.
· Partner with Assistant Dean and Bridge Coordinator to plan and participate in various academic related programs ie. Freshman Orientation and Freshman Year Experience course
· Develop presentations and other resources to further facilitate the advisement process for both students and faculty.
· Conduct ongoing hands on advisement/registration training to students and faculty.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work with detailed information from a variety of sources.
· Ability to track completed evaluations using excel log and develop processes to insure the input of accurate credit information into the Banner data system.
· Exceptional computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher-Outlook-email,
· Experience with Banner Student Administration software.
· Strong organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials.
Master’s degree in Academic Advisement in a higher education setting. .
· Successful applicant MUST have experience working in Higher Education.
· Ability to establish relationships with various departments and interact with faculty and various levels of management while maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials
· Successful candidate must be willing to support the College mission which is based in value-oriented education rooted in the Catholic heritage.
Compensation: 45k-50k annual salary depending on experience, including a benefits package. Please send a letter of application and resume to:
Center for Academic Advisement
College of Mount Saint Vincent
6301 Riverdale Avenue
Riverdale, NY 10471
HR at mountsaintvincent.edu<mailto:HR at mountsaintvincent.edu>
Please provide the names, addresses and telephone contact information of 3 references who can attest to your abilities.
Raven Maldonado, M.S.
Dept. of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu<mailto:Raven.Maldonado at liu.edu>
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC